It’s been over three years since seminal Hertfordshire metallers, SikTh officially called it a day on 27 May 2008 and we miss them very much so we thought it would be a great idea to launch a Facebook campaign to get them to reunite. It is a great idea.
When vocalists, Mikee Goodman and Justin Hill announced their departure a year earlier, the rest of the band looked long and hard for replacements to no avail. It was pretty gutting for everyone. Since then, each band member has gone on to do something not as good as SikTh and a spate of really very good British tech metal bands who are still not as good as SikTh have emerged.
Seriously. Watch this video and tell me this band isn’t/wasn’t/won’t still be amazing.
SikTh only released two albums, The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait for Something Wild (2003) and Death of a Dead Day (2006) but they were both amazing. Coming back with a third album would surely blow all the shitty fish out of the water.
Just look at what the six members are up to at the moment:
- Mikee Goodman (vocals) is now vocalist for new British metal act, The Painted Smiles.
- Justin Hill (vocals) is working as a producer based in London.
- Dan Weller (guitar, piano) is in new band Minutes and is producing new albums from Enter Shikari and Young Guns.
- Graham “Pin” Pinney (guitar) teaches guitar and plays in Aliases, who are actually really good.
- James Leach (bass) teaches bass and drum techs for Gallows.
- Dan “Loord” Foord (Drums/Percussion) plays with Perceval Gage as well as Stephen Carpenter of Deftones new band Sol Invicto, which is all quite impressive.
All of this put together isn’t even as good as SikTh. There’s only one solution, lads: get back together and write a new album. Please and thank you.