If you hadn’t realised, we like beer. We like drinking it. We like drinking new versions of it. We like talking about it. That’s why, when the mighty Clutch released their own beer, we thought we’d talk to singer, Neil Fallon about beer. Talking about beer is the second most enjoyable beer-related activity after drinking the lovely, lovely stuff, after all. Mmmm. Beer.
Neil Fallon tells us about his Top 6 beers:
1) Clutch Dark Sour Ale. We designed this beer and brewed it ourselves with New Belgium Brewery. It’s a sneaky little bastard.
2) Lagunitas Little Sumpin’. This beer got me through the blizzard of ’09. It makes shovelling snow a whole lot more fun.
3) Great Lakes Blackout Stout. Another wintertime monster. It was a beer we referenced when creating the Dark Sour Ale.
4) Dogfish Head 60 Minute. This beer is fairly local to us and always fresh. I associate it with the bars that are close enough that I can walk back home from.
5) Guinness. I probably first tasted this beer as a kid. It reminds me of my uncles yelling at each other. I know it’s a corporate behemoth, but it really is one of the best.
6) Vestkyst IPA Kinn Brewery. I just had this beer for the first time last night in Trondheim, Norway. It’s hard to find American-style IPAs in Europe and Scandinavia that are actually from Europe or Scandinavia. This one is delicious. It’s pretty dark here this time of year. This is sunshine in a bottle.
Thin Lizzy + Clutch UK tour dates
19 Glasgow Barrowlands
21 Newcastle City Hall
23 Leicester De Montfort Hall
24 York Barbican
25 Cambridge Corn Exchange
27 Wolverhampton City Hall
29 Sheffield City Hall
31 Plymouth Pavilions
01 Cardiff St Davids City Hall
03 Brighton Dome
04 London Hammersmith Apollo