There’s still very little news regarding the forthcoming new Limp Bizkit album. What we do know is that Stampede of the Disco Elephants is being released on Cash Money records, produced by Ross Robinson and lead single ‘Ready To Go’ features a cameo from Lil Wayne who features in the brand new video. With this in mind, let’s ponder who else from Lil Wayne’s YMCMB family could make an appearance on the album…
Top 6… collaborations we want to see on the new Limp Bizkit album
1) Hip hop veteran Busta Rhymes is one of the more established names on Cash Money Records and would make for a great choice to collaborate with LB. No stranger to working with nu-metal royalty as he released the kind of ok, but pretty bland hit, ‘We Made It’ with Linkin Park. Working with a nu metal band that aren’t striving to be Coldplay-meets-watered-down-NIN would surely be a much more fruitful proposition for ol’ Busta.
2) Not a name as well known on our shores as stateside but Tyga also has a history of working with rock bands, kind of. His debut album was released on the Peter Wentz-owned Decaydance label and featured a collaboration with fellow Fall Out Boy boy, Patrick Stump, as well as some other less successful pop punk bands that nobody really cares about. Furthermore being a headwear pioneer, I’m sure he’d get on like a house on fire with the man who revolutionised wearing a red cap backwards.
3) While Limp Bizkit’s signing to Cash Money records was somewhat surprising, it was trumped by the recent signing of professional waste of space Paris Hilton. With that said Hilton was once rumoured to be dating Durst and pairing the two together could see some dirty laundry aired. A gritty collaboration in the vein of ‘Eat You Alive’. It’ll be better than either of them making another sex tape any way.
4) The man, well boy once known as Lil Bow Wow created quite the buzz when he first arrived on the scene. Since then, however, the career of Snoop Dogg/Lion/Bumblebee’s nephew hasn’t been quite so successful as his uncle’s. What better way of giving your career a second lease of life that working with Fred Durst. Hey if he can make a star out of Aaron Lewis he can do it for anyone.
5) There’s not many artists that can give Limp Bizkit a run for their money in the ridiculous anthem stakes, but Nicki Minaj is one lady who can. If you don’t start hyperventilating at the thought of the creative powerhouse that released ‘Rollin’ collaborating with the musical genius behind ‘Starships’ you may not have a soul. Sorry to break it to you.
6) All of YMCMB. Together. One listen to Bedrock shows that when all of Lil Wayne’s mates chip in together they’ve got a hit on their hands. Now imagine that but with Fred Durst, Wes Borland, DJ Lethal, Sam Rivers and John Otto thrown into the mix and you’re bound to have a monster hit on your hands. Plus Freddy D would surely have a right old knees up at the type of mansion sex party featured in [this video].