We know Impericon Festival 2015 isn’t taking place in the UK until 04 May, but we’ve got a complete festival line-up now and goddamnit that’s more than enough of an excuse for us to make a Sunday Spotify Slaylist about it.
There is more than one band named Malevolence:
1) A Metal band from Sheffield, England.
2) A New Zealand death metal/grindcore band formed in 1992.
3) A Portuguese black/death metal band from Leiria.
4) A Canadian thrash/death metal band formed in 1990.
5) A Dutch deathcore band formed in 2006.
6) A hardcore/metal outfit from Pittsburgh, PA
1) Sheffield Shred
2) Malevolence is one of New Zealand’s longest standing purveyors of Metal and Grind. Read more on Last.fm
Malevolence on Thrash Hits
November 13th, 2013
Reign of Suffering
Siege of Amida Records
11 November 2013
by Gavin Lloyd
You could argue that we’ve reached a point where music can’t offer us anything completely original, and with more music at our disposal than ever before it’s now increasingly rare to discover something that sounds like nothing you’ve heard before. Perhaps that’s why so many bands attempt to make a lasting impression these days by picking as broad a range of musical influences as possible and combine them in the hope of making something close to new and exciting. This certainly seems to be the approach Malevolence have taken on their new album Reign of Suffering, drawing as they do from a plethora of modern, retro metal and hardcore source material.